Hello Students and Families,
My name is Wendy Shobe and I am the Family School Liaison Worker (FSLW) at Father Leduc Catholic School.
As your FSLW, my role is to promote the overall well-being of our students. This includes not only academic success, but the social, emotional, and mental health of our students and their families. This may include one-on-one counselling, group programming, and in-class support to encourage learning and growth, build resilience, and develop social skills. For families, I am here to provide parenting support and help develop strategies to manage challenging situations. I am also able to refer and connect families to community agencies and resources that support a variety of needs.
Students and caregivers can contact me to discuss concerns relating to grief/loss, anxiety, depression, anger management, peer conflicts, stress, family change/conflict, self-harm, or suicidal ideation.
If you are struggling and would like to talk to someone in confidence, please send me an email or fill out the check-in form at the bottom of this page.
Parents and Caregivers:
If you have concerns about your child, or if you would like assistance in accessing other supports and resources, please send an email or call me at the school.
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance during non-school hours, following are some organizations and helplines that may be useful:
- Leduc - Family & Community Support Services780-980-7109
- Leduc County: Community and Family Support780-979-2385
- Children and Mental Health Crisis/Mobile Response Team: 780-407-1000
- The Crisis Team offers immediate crisis support through the Crisis Line to children / youth, aged 5-17, and their care providers
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Text CONNECT to 686868
- Distress Line (24/7): 780-482-4357 (HELP)
- Provides confidential, non-judgmental and short-term crisis intervention, emotional support and resources to people in crisis or distress. We also support family, friends and caregivers of people in crisis.
- Mental Health Helpline (24/7): 1-877-303-2642
- Confidential service that provides support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing mental health concerns
- Family Violence Information Line (24/7): 780-310-1818
- Offers support and information in more than 170 languages
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness (24/7): 1-855-242-3310
- Crisis intervention and counseling
- Child Abuse Hotline (24/7): 1-800-387-5437
- Get help if you, or children you know, are being neglected, abused or sexually exploited.
- Addictions Helpline (24/7): 1-866-332-2322
- Provides information and referrals to those who are experiencing addiction or mental health concerns.
- Alberta Information and Referral: 211
- Health Link: 811
My door is always open to assist students and families with any concerns or to connect families to community resources.
Wendy Shobe, MSW, RSW