Hello Students and Parents/Caregivers,
My name is Luke Risto and I am the Family School Liaison Worker (FSLW) . The best way to contact me is by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or please fill out Mr. Luke check google form in at the bottom of the page.
As your FSLW, my role is to support the emotional, social, and academic development of our students. This may include the implementation of specialized supports to encourage learning and growth, help students build friendship skills, or coordinate linkages between the school and the family/community. Students and caregivers can contact me to discuss concerns relating to grief/loss, anxiety, depression, anger management, peer conflicts, stress, changes in the family due to divorce/separation, self-harm, or suicidal ideations.
Students, if you are feeling that you need to talk to someone, book an online meeting with me by emailing your name so I can reach out on google chat during regular school hours.
Parents, if you are noticing that your child is showing some type of change in his/her behaviour or you have other concerns, please reach out to me by email during regular school hours. If your child is requiring support during non-school hours, please contact:
- Leduc - Family & Community Support Services 780-980-7109
- Leduc County: Community and Family Support 780-979-2385
- Alberta Health Services: Addiction and Mental Health Programs
- Alberta Health Services: Help in Tough Times
- Alberta COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
- Family Violence Info Line (24/7) 310-1818
- 24-Hour Crisis Line: 780-423-4121
- Edmonton Distress Line (24/7) 780-482-4357
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Text CONNECT: 686868
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness: 1-800-242-3310
- Suicide Crisis Hotline: 1-800-448-3000
- Bullying Helpline: 1-888-456-2323
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437
- Addictions Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
- Alberta Information and Referral: 211
- Health Link: 811
My door is always open to assist students and families with any concerns or to connect families to community resources.
Luke Risto RSW, BSW